Taking back the ground...

 I sat down today and opened this blog up and was literally shocked at what I wrote at the beginning of 2020. It felt like such a fresh, new idea that I had this week, that I couldn’t believe that apparently I had the SAME idea 11 months ago. Wow. It made me sad and honestly kinda embarrassed that I could say at the end of that blog, I say yes. When obviously I didn’t! LOL. But I can tell you right now I am not going to sit in shame about it or let that stop me. I’m just going to say, I WILL step onto this ground that I've taken before and I will take again.  


2020 what a crazy adventure it’s been. Not what I thought it’d be when I sat down 11 months ago to resurrect this blog... no not at all. I can’t say I’m upset, because rather than writing I spent months and months of 2020 reviving my creative side in painting. And I am super proud of that. But as 2020 comes to a close I heard the Lord whisper again... ‘that old blog’, so here I am.  I am starting to have some understanding of what Jesus wants this space to be and I’m going for it. What do I have to lose? This space is going to be where I write about what is the most pressing on my heart, while honoring my family and friends with what is their story but honoring myself with what is mine.  If there is one thing I’ve learned during 2020 it’s how much we NEED each other. We need each other to share our our pain,  our joys, our hopes, our fears, and our stories. We all have stories and in this crazy season where we’re all a part of a bigger story, the story of a global pandemic. We’re also all a part of smaller stories, how our lives are unfolding during it.  So join me in this space for my heart. I’d love to hear yours and I hope we can grow, laugh, and grieve together.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

thank you... for my feeling of discontent

quiet

coming up for air...