Today as I sat and reflected on 2020. This OLD blog popped in my head. I felt the Lord prompting me to check it out again. To resurrect it. Way back when I titled this blog a space for my heart, I did so because I wanted to give my heart space. I had told my heart, my inner voice to be quiet for so long, and it needed space. It needed a voice. So I launched my blog. And literally weeks into blogging someone I admire greatly said to me, “don’t blog, it’s so cliche” and that suggestion lingered. It lingered because this was someone I trusted, and still do, actually, you can trust people and they can make mistakes or be wrong. But that lingered still, so I posted on and off but I never allowed this to be my space. The space, that back then, I felt was the Lord’s idea.

Today, I heard the Lord say (and not for the first time, if I’m honest) she was wrong. And it’s ok that she was wrong, and it’s Ok that I listened. But it wasn’t ok, to continue to let that opinion keep me from blogging anymore. I heard the Lord say that it was time to make this space for my heart accessible again. Not only for me, but for those I know and love. I have heard over the past decade from when I started this blog, how important my voice was, how important my stories are. And today I decided that it is important enough to put it out there. So I begin again. I plan to resurrect this blog. What it will look like or how often I’ll write I have no idea. But I want to give my heart, my voice, my words the space they need.  I hope it becomes a space for other’s hearts as well. A place for growth in me and in everyone I encounter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

thank you... for my feeling of discontent

quiet

coming up for air...